This recipe is part of the Blue Apron program but I’ve received so many requests for the recipe that I am going to write it out for anyone that is interested! It was super easy and just as yummy! Enjoy!
Greek Chicken with Olive Tapenade & Creamy Orzo
2 Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts
4 oz. Orzo Pasta
1 Garlic Clove
1/2 lb. Brussel Sprouts
2 Tbsps Creme Faiche
1 1/2 oz. Feta Cheese
1 tsp. Whole Dried Oregano
1 oz. Pitted Nicoise Olives
Cook the pasta:
- Heat a medium pot of salted water to boiling on high. Once boiling, add the pasta and cook 7 to 9 minutes or until al dente (still slightly firm to the bite). Turn off the heat.
- Drain thoroughly and return to the pot. Cover to keep warm.
Prepare and roast the Brussel sprouts:
- While the pasta cooks, wash and dry the fresh produce.
- Cut off and discard the stem ends of the Brussel sprouts; halve lengthwise.
- Place on a sheet pan. Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper; toss to coat. Arrange in an even layer.
- Roast 14 to 16 minutes or until lightly browned and tender when pierced with a fork. Remove from the oven. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Carefully transfer to the pot of cooked pasta. Cover to keep warm.
Cook the chicken:
- While the Brussel sprouts roast, pat the chicken dry with paper towels. Season on both sides with salt, pepper, and the oregano.
- In a medium pan, heat 2 teaspoons of olive oil on medium-high until hot. Add the seasoned chicken and loosely cover the pan with aluminum foil. Cook 5 to 7 minutes per side, or until browned and cooked through.
- Transfer to a cutting board.
Prepare the remaining ingredients:
- While the chicken cooks, using a peeler, remove the yellow rind of the lemon, avoiding the white pith; mince the rind to get 2 teaspoons of zest (or use a zester). Quarter and deseed the lemon.
- Finely chop the olives. Peel and finely chop the garlic; using the flat side of your knife, smash until it resembles a paste (or use a zester).
- To make the tapenade, in a bowel, combine the chopped olives, lemon zest, 1 tablespoon of olive oil, and as much of the garlic paste as you’d like. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Finish the pasta and serve your dish:
- While the chicken continues to cook, to the pot of cooked pasta and Brussel sprouts, add the creme fraiche, cheese (crumbling before adding), the juice of all 4 lemon wedges, and a drizzle of olive oil. Stir to combine; season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Thinly slice the cooked chicken crosswise.
- Serve the sliced chicken with the finished pasta. Top the chicken with the tapenade. Enjoy!