What’s better than chili on Superbowl Sunday? It reminds me of football and perfect for winter days to stay warm and cozy. We have lots of appetizers we’re planning on cooking but chili is the main event and our very favorite. And best yet, it’s super easy!
SHOPPING LIST :
2 lbs. of Ground Beef
1 – 8oz. Can of Tomato Sauce
1 – 2Alarm Chili Kit
1 – 15oz. Can of Kidney or Pinto Beans (drained)
1 Green Pepper
- Brown the ground beef. Drain fat.
- While the beef is browning, thinly slice onion and green pepper. Heat 1 tablespoon of butter in separate pot on medium-high and add the onion and green pepper. Season with salt and pepper. Cover and stir occasionally for about 20 minutes, until onion and green pepper is caramelized.
- Once the ground beef is cooked, add the can of tomato sauce, 2 – 8oz. cans of water (I’ll fill the tomato sauce can twice), a can of kidney beans, and seasoning packets in 2Alarm Chili Kit (except “Red Pepper” and “Masa Flour.”) For hot chili, add entire Red Pepper Packet. For medium chili, add 1/2 Red Pepper Packet. For mild chili, omit the Red Pepper Packet. We usually add half the packet. Stir.
- Once the onion and green pepper is browned, add to the pot of chili.
- Let simmer for at least an hour. The longer it sits, the better!
- Top with sour cream and cheddar cheese. Enjoy!
What’s on your menu for Superbowl Sunday? Any must-have food items?