Ice cream always reminds me of summer (although I have it everyday throughout the year as well.) Warm nights going to the local ice cream shoppe and ordering coffee oreo on a sugar cone. Memories. Or daily occurrences. Either way, I get a variation of this every time I go or eat at home. James, Henry and I are always looking for a fun activity to do and one day (morning at 7am) we decided to make ICE CREAM! It’s such a fun little activity / experiment to do with kids and it’s super yummy too! I probably had more fun to see if this actually works (it does!) and I definitely did most of the work but it’s something to keep busy !
- Small Ziplock Bag
- Large Ziplock Bag
- 1/2 cup Half and Half
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla (I would even suggest less depending on your vanilla palette)
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 3 cups of ice
- 1/3 cup rock salt (we used sea salt since we did not have rock salt)
- Pour half and half, vanilla, and sugar into small ziplock bag. Seal tight without air pockets.
- Pour ice and rock salt into large ziplock bag.
- Put small bag into large bag and seal.
- Shake for 10-15 minutes. Hands get cold!
- Once the liquid has turned into a sold, open up the small bag and enjoy your ice cream!
- Eat right out of the bag with a spoon or put on cone with sprinkles!